Keep SAP System up-todate and secure
To keep the SAP system up-todate and secure, various types of and patches needs to be applied regularly upon release. There are various ways to get these kinds of updates.
- You can set up filters and notifications function in SAP Support Portal to be informed about the new notes: https://support.sap.com/notes OR
- (Recommended) You can use System Recommendations function in SAP Solution Manager to check all relevant notes and patches for the selected systems and easily keep all of your systems up-to-date.
There can be various types of updates needed for an SAP System. For example :
- Security notes : Advice from SAP experts regarding important actions and patches to ensure the security of your systems: https://support.sap.com/securitynotes
- Performance relevant notes : SAP notes containing information and corrections for performance improvement of SAP systems.
- Java patches : A patch is a code correction for a specific version of an SAP product.
- Legal Change notes : Respond to requirements caused by changes in legal regulation.
- HotNews : SAP customer notes with priority 1 (very high priority) to resolve or avoid problems that can cause the SAP system to shut down or lose data.
- General SAP notes : https://support.sap.com/notes